Wheat Grass – Super Green & Super Good for you!
Wheat grass has great health and therapeutic benefits. It contains 19 amino acids and 92 minerals that enable the body to function at its best. Wheatgrass powder is a dietary supplement obtained from extracting the dehydrated juice of wheatgrass. It is prepared from the grass grown naturally on the field for three or more months before being dehydrated. As its rich in fiber & minerals, it also promotes a natural alkaline environment in the body. Add to fruit-juices, smoothies, sauces or simply consume as a shot after diluting in water.
What it contains:
- 17 amino acids
- vitamins A, C, E, K, and B complex
More benefits of Wheatgrass:
- May Reduce Cholesterol
- Good for the blood - The chlorophyll molecule is similar to hemoglobin and increases blood cell count. This helps to normalize blood pressure. It’s also thought to purify blood, improve blood circulation & maintain blood sugar levels
- Could Help Promote Weight Loss & improve metabolism - because it’s low in calories and has no fat. As it is also a nutrient-dense food, it makes one feel fuller faster and longer.
No wonder, health enthusiasts have long raved about the countless benefits of this plant, and for good reasons too. It can be used as an everyday health tonic and may even help treat specific diseases.
At Hayawiia we provide premium & organic wheatgrass option for your daily wellness.
For more in-depth, research-based information for wheat grass, visit healthline.com.
Okra – Bitter but better for you!
Sometimes called “lady’s finger”, okra is a flowering plant with edible seed pods. It is cultivated throughout the tropical and warm temperate regions around the world for its phytonutrients rich pods. Okra is low in calories but packed full of nutrients. The vitamin C in okra helps support healthy immune function. Okra is also rich in vitamin K, which helps your body clot blood.
Did you know, one cup (100 grams) of raw okra contains (1Trusted Source):
- Calories: 33
- Carbs: 7 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 0 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Magnesium: 14% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Folate: 15% of the DV
- Vitamin A: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin C: 26% of the DV
- Vitamin K: 26% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 14% of the DV
- May fight cancer - Okra contains antioxidants called polyphenols, including vitamins A and C. It also contains a protein called lectin which may inhibit cancer cell growth in humans.
- Supports Heart & Brain health- Polyphenols decrease your risk of heart problems and stroke by preventing blood clots and reducing free radical damage. The antioxidants in okra may also benefit your brain by reducing brain inflammation.
- Prenatal Support- One cup of okra has 15% of the daily value of folate, a helpful nutrient for pregnant women.
Find out more & why including okra in your diet is beneficial here at Nutrition and You.
At Hayawiia, we make it fun and less slimy by providing this superfood in the form of flavourful snacks!
Spiced Okra With Coriander And Mint - Superfood Okra is now a crispy snack, thanks to the miracle of vacuum-cooking technology. Seasoned with garden-fresh coriander, these Spiced Okra chips pack in the goodness of a real meal with the irresistibility of a snack.
Okra Chips - high on dietary fiber content and there is only one way to describe these yummies: delectable at its best!
Stay tuned weekly @hayawiiacom for new blogs weekly! As we continue to provide you with more nutritious information, tips & tricks to make clean living fun & easy!