Travel + Fitness?
Have you ever wondered, while travelling long distances on a road trip or a flight, we tend to snack a lot more than usual?
Research says there are valid reasons why:
Travel time: Travelling at odd hours, changing time zones, or long-distance trips, can cause a disruption in our regular timely routines, causing hunger pangs and throwing our healthy eating habits out the window. This may even occur in our day-to-day hustle.
Temptations everywhere: In situations where boredom (long waiting hours) or genuine hunger pangs arrive, we are surrounded by temptations to buy fast/instant foods everywhere. If you live in the UAE (especially Dubai) you already know what we mean. *cues in the airports* 😉 These options cause an increase in our appetite too.
Pandemic: As we continue to battle Covid19 strains, we are restricted for food options (while outdoors) now more than ever. Flights too have reduced portions of food, and it may not always be feasible to dine at airports.
So how do we attempt healthy eating habits?
- Hydrate: Research states, dehydration signals may come across as hunger cues. This occurs especially while travelling on air, as the humidity on flights is low which causes the feeling of being parched. So, make your water bottle your best friend.
- Meal prep: Meal prepping is not only handy during your daily hustle but also helpful if you have scheduled trips. Nothing is better than homemade freshly packed food to go.
- Choose healthy snacks: Sometimes we simply enjoy and crave snacks over fresh fruits & veggies. And that’s alright, as long as we attempt to pick healthier options.
At Hayawiia, we offer travel friendly options for daily hustlers and frequent travellers. These tasty bites are certain to keep you full longer and also provide you necessary nutrition. Here’s our top 9 choices:
- PROTEIN ENERGY BAR (PACK OF 3) - Source of Protein for growth and maintenance of muscle, Magnesium for reduction of tiredness and fatigue and electrolyte balance, Copper for iron transport combined with Phosphorus and Manganese for further energy yielding metabolism. No artificial sweeteners, preservatives, additives or substances. Made from whole foods ingredients. Healthy in all ways.
- MIXED SWEET POTATO WITH ROCK SALT AND PEPPER - Fresh golden sweet potato and purple sweet potato are vacuum- cooked for the perfect crunch and flavour. These root veggies are high in fibre and low in fat, making them the perfect scrumptious conscious snack.
- SPICED NUTS TO GO PACK - This vegan wholesome treat is chock o block with the raw goodness of our nuts and seeds! Made with the best of almonds, cashews, walnuts, pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds, it makes for the perfect snack.
- MAKHANA- LIME & CHILLY - Now, you can ditch the junk and embrace the healthy kind of happiness that will change the way you snack! They’re high on fibre and taste.
- HEALTHY TRAIL MIX WITH PAPAYA & PINEAPPLE - The sweet & tangy flavour of Pineapple & Papaya, befriended with the crunch of the healthy nuts, this trail mix is a scrumptious snack to enjoy on or off the trail. Go Munching the Mindful Way.
- CRUNCHY SOYA CHIPS - Crunchy Soya Chips is a crunchy mild flavoured snack. It is an unique blend of taste and health which gets easily digested, hence does no harm to the digestive system.
- SPICED OKRA WITH CORIANDER AND MINT - Seasoned with garden-fresh coriander, these Spiced Okra chips pack in the goodness of a real meal with the irresistibility of a snack. Low on fat and calories, these unique flavourful vegetable chips are perfect for your everyday snack indulgences. Everyone’s favourite superfood Okra is now a crispy snack, thanks to the miracle of vacuum-cooking technology.
- QUINOA PUFFS FIERY SPICE - Made with healthy grains like Quinoa, Amaranth, Ragi, Soy, Rice & Maize, our Quinoa Puffs are not fried or baked but roasted to perfection. Made with 100% natural ingredients, these Quinoa Puffs are gluten-free, have no preservatives, cholesterol, or trans-fat. A lip-smacking blend of herb, chillies and spices, paired with the goodness of Quinoa, our Fiery Spice Quinoa Puffs is the ultimate snack for all the spicy food lovers.
- MILLET ENERGY BARS VARIETY PACK - Millets are a great replacement for Protein bars since they are rich in Amino acids. They are also added with Oats, Almonds, granola, etc which provide you better sustained energy and are low in glycemic load.
And the list is endless! For more travel friendly varieties explore our snack section here.
Stay tuned on our socials @hayawiiacom to stay updated on our ever-growing range for travel friendly bites.